updated December 20, 2005
The TribeTM service ("Service") offers a place to meet friends on-line, build relationships, share discussion, and view member content. By using the Service (whether or not you choose to become a member) you agree to accept this Code of Conduct as part of the Service Agreement as a contract between you and Tribe. You may review the Service Agreement at any time at www.tribe.net/template/pub,Terms.vm.
You also agree that we may modify Code of Conduct terms from time to time at our sole discretion by posting an updated Code of Conduct. You may review the Code of Conduct at any time at www.tribe.net/template/pub,Code.vm. If you do not agree with these terms as posted, you are prohibited from using the Service.
1. Conduct and Content
While using or accessing the Service--directly or indirectly--you agree to take a constructive tone and practice good etiquette and courtesy and you agree NOT to:
- threaten, disrupt, inflame, intimidate, libel, stalk, defame, or defraud any individual, entity, or group on any basis including but not limited to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or disability or encourage any one else to do so;
- post, publish, or transmit any text, graphics, or material that is illegal or violates local and national laws or that contains, encourages, advocates, or expresses: obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit conduct, child pornography, the making or buying of illegal weapons or illegal drugs, hatred, bigotry, racism, profanity, vulgarity or gratuitous violence or use of weapons;
- harm or exploit minors in any way including collecting personally identifiable information, including but not limited to name, email address, home address, phone number, or school;
- invade privacy by attempting to collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, including but not limited to password, account information, credit card number, address, or other contact information;
- modify or falsify the source of any content or information, impersonate another individual, Tribe representative, or moderator, or falsely state or misrepresent affiliation with a person or entity;
- disrupt, harm or inappropriately access any computer, network, server or telecommunication system or violate related security or operational procedures, policies or regulations;
- flood, overload, or mail bomb any mail service or transmit or transfer any harmful or disruptive viruses, worms, computer code, files, or programs;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights or violate contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider, proprietary, or confidential information);
- encourage or instruct unauthorized copying or circumvention of copy protection or pirating of intellectual property or content including but not limited to software, music, text, photographs, illustrations, and movies;
- access restricted, password-only, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- distribute or disseminate inappropriate, unauthorized or unsolicited advertising or promotional offers including, but not limited to contests, sweepstakes, barter, junk mail, spam, chain letters, and pyramid schemes;
- use tribe messages or member profile content to obtain personally identifiable information or to solicit, or sell to any member inappropriately;
- support or help any organization designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- include or create links or otherwise refer to external sites that violate these restrictions;
- create "trolling" posts (trolling is deliberately posting false or provocative information in order to elicit responses from people who would not respond if they knew the motivation behind the post); or
- attempt (i) to access or search the Service with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than the software or search agents provided by Tribe or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox); or (ii) to "frame," "mirror" or otherwise copy any portion of the Site without Tribe's express written authorization.
2. Spam Is Prohibited
You will not use the Service to transmit, either directly or indirectly, or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited bulk or commercial email ("Spam"). We may use filtering technology or other measures to stop incoming Spam. This filtering technology may block some email sent to you through the Service. This may happen even if the email does not violate the Service Agreement.
You will not post content: in inappropriate categories, with excessive frequency; in multiple categories or multiple cities; or with identical or substantially identical text or photography. You will not use unrelated words in content to skew search results.
3. Child Pornography
In no event will you post--or seek--images of children, whether nude, clothed or partially clothed, in association with sexuality, in any area of the Service. Tribe will attempt to remove any such postings and prohibits any postings or text containing or referring to child pornography, such as those containing the word "Lolita" or referring to nude photographs of "girls," "teens" or "children." In the event that Tribe discovers child pornography or images of children in violation of this policy, Tribe will promptly notify the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the appropriate law enforcement agency.
While we retain the right to cancel or suspend your Service at any time without cause or notice, we consider the following to be a reasonable basis for termination: suspected violations of the Code of Conduct, this Service Agreement, or other guidelines; extended periods of inactivity; fraudulent or illegal activities; age misrepresentation; or nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Service.